Anne Lyon, Countess of Kinghorne
Anne Lyon, Countess of Kinghorne (1579 – 27 February 1618) was the daughter of John Murray, 1st Earl of Tullibardine and Catherine Drummond. Originally called Lady Anne Murray, she was the mistress of James VI of Scotland from 1593 until her marriage to Patrick Lyon in 1595. Patrick Lyon, 1st Earl of Kinghorne, was the son of John Lyon, 8th Lord Glamis, and Elizabeth Abernethy. Upon marriage, Anne took the name of Lyon.
Children of Anne and Patrick Lyon, 1st Earl of Kinghorne were:
- James Lyon (d. August 1641)
- Patrick Lyon
- Frederick Lyon (d. 1660)
- Anne Lyon (d. 8 February 1637)
- Jean Lyon (d. 2 February 1618)
- John Lyon, 2nd Earl of Kinghorne (13 August 1596 - 12 May 1646), a direct male-line ancestor to Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (1900–2002), mother of Queen Elizabeth II.
She died on 27 February 1618.
- . James I, "New poems by James I of England: from a hitherto unpublished manuscript," Edited by Allen F. Westcott, The Columbia University Press, 1911. Pages 78-80. Retrieved March 23, 2011
- King of England James I, author, Rhodes, Neill; Richards, Jennifer and Marshall, Joseph, editors, "King James VI and I: Selected Writings," Ashgate Publishing, 2004. Pages 129, 131. ISBN 978-0-7546-0482-2
- G. R. Hewitt, ‘Lyon, John, eighth Lord Glamis (c.1544–1578)’, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press, 2004 accessed 22 March 2011