|Founder||Result of merger of Grove Press and Atlantic Monthly Press|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||154 W. 14th Street, New York City, New York 10011|
|Distribution||Publishers Group West|
|Key people||Morgan Entrekin (president and publisher)|
|Imprints||Includes Grove Press, Atlantic Monthly Press, Mysterious Press|
History and operations
The company's imprints, which include Grove Press, Atlantic Monthly Press, The Mysterious Press, and Black Cat publish literary fiction, nonfiction, poetry, drama and translations. Former imprints include Canongate U.S. and Open City.
Its notable authors include John Bloom, Kathy Acker, Samuel Beckett, Mark Bowden, William S. Burroughs, Frantz Fanon, Charles Frazier, Jim Harrison, Henry Miller, Kenzaburo Oe, Harold Pinter, Kay Ryan, John Kennedy Toole, and Jeanette Winterson.
The company's president and publisher is Morgan Entrekin. In 2015, Entrekin working with other publishers, booksellers, and literati introduced Literary Hub, an online website for the literary world.
The company's imprints published the books by the 2006 and 2007 recipients of the Man Booker Prize: The Inheritance of Loss (Hamish Hamilton / Atlantic Monthly Press) by Kiran Desai; and The Gathering (Jonathan Cape / Black Cat) by Anne Enright, respectively.
- List of companies based in New York City
- List of English-language book publishing companies
- List of English-language small presses
- Méndez, Teresa (January 14, 2004). "The Publisher as Protagonist – In an Industry Dominated by Big Firms, Grove/Atlantic Chief Morgan Entrekin Is a Small-House Standard Bearer for an Aarlier Age, a Writers' Hero in Pursuit of Real Literature (and an Artful Blockbuster or Two Along the Way)". The Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved February 16, 2013.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Jennifer Maloney (February 5, 2015). "Literary Hub Is a New Home for Book Lovers". WSJ.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- [dead link] "Man Booker Awards". Bookreporter.com. 2007. Retrieved January 8, 2009. External link in
- "Who We Are". Atlantic Books. Retrieved August 26, 2011.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- [dead link] Deahl, Rachel (November 1, 2005). "Grove/Atlantic Makes News for Book and Publisher". PW Daily. Retrieved January 7, 2009.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- [dead link] Reid, Calvin (May 17, 2004). "Grove Atlantic Revives Black Cat Imprint". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved January 7, 2009.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.