Ayar Cachi (in hispanicized spelling) or Ayar Kachi (kachi means salt in Quechua ) was one of the brothers of Manco Cápac, who emerged from the cave at Paqariq Tampu.:28-36 He could shoot down hills with a single shot of his sling.
His brothers feared him, so he was sent back to the cave they came from and trapped in it with rocks.
- The legend of the Ayar brothers (in Spanish)
- Teofilo Laime Ajacopa, Diccionario Bilingüe Iskay simipi yuyayk'ancha, La Paz, 2007 (Quechua-Spanish dictionary)
- E.J. Brill, The Ceque System of Cuzco, p. 75
- de Gamboa, P.S., 2015, History of the Incas, Lexington, ISBN 9781463688653
- Steele, Paul Richard; Allen, Catherine J. (2004). Handbook of Inca mythology. ABC-CLIO. p. 102. ISBN 1-57607-354-8.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
|This article relating to a myth or legend from South America is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|