|Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (April 2012)|
|Part of a series on|
Blueberry is a Cannabis indica-dominant hybrid strain. It was first bred in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Its genetics originated in a 3-way cross between a landrace Highland Thai known as "Juicy Fruit," the Oregon Purple Thai, and an Afghani male. There have been several reworkings of the genetics by the original breeder, as well as over 100 hybrids and crosses produced.
Known for its purple and blue coloring on both fan leaves and flowers and its very fruity aroma and blueberry taste, it is a unique strain. The effects are generally euphoric and mellow, and most users do not report tiredness and a mellowed relaxed feeling. Induces deep relaxing body buzz with great pain management effect, along withhappy euphoric cerebral high. It has won the Cannabis Cup.
Blueberry is used for anxiety and stress related medicine, pain relief, and muscle relaxation as well.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Blueberry (cannabis).|
- "On the origins of Blueberry". CANNABIS CULTURE MAGAZINE. August 31, 1999. Retrieved 15 January 2012.
- "DJ Short's Blueberry Lineages : Crossings & Hybrids". Seedfinder. en.seedfinder.eu. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "Blueberry". kindgreenbuds.com. Retrieved 17 January 2012.
- "Blueberry strain information". CannaSOS. Retrieved 2016-05-27.
- Hager, Steven. "Cannabis Cup Winners". High Times. Retrieved 15 January 2012.
- "Blueberry (Herbal Connections Cherry Creek)". KindReviews Cannabis Education. pp. September 7th, 2010. Retrieved 17 January 2012.