Fire from the Heartland: The Awakening of the Conservative Woman
|Fire from the Heartland: The Awakening of the Conservative Woman|
|File:Fire from The Heartland DVD cover.jpg
|Directed by||Stephen K. Bannon|
|Written by||Stephen K. Bannon|
|Music by||David Cebert|
|Cinematography||Matthew A. Taylor|
|Edited by||Matthew A. Taylor|
Fire From the Heartland: the Awakening of the Conservative Woman is a 2010 American documentary film written and directed by Stephen K. Bannon, and produced by David N. Bossie for Citizens United Productions. The documentary stars Michele Bachmann, Deneen Borelli, and Ann Coulter, and focuses on female participation in conservative politics.
Bannon was inspired to create the documentary after seeing former Alaskan governor Sarah Palin run as John McCain's vice president running mate in the 2008 United States presidential election. In exploring the Tea Party movement, the film interviews only women. The sole male voice heard in the film is from a clip of an on-air rant by CNBC's Rick Santelli from a February 2009 broadcast.
The documentary looks at the idea of the conservative political female in the United States and how they have impacted and been impacted by the Tea Party movement. Bannon interviews women from different socioeconomic backgrounds and how this has had an effect on their outlook on life and in politics, as well as what they believe what the future will bring and their opinions on how conservative politics and the Tea Party is portrayed in the media.
|This section requires expansion. (August 2014)|
- Green, Joshua. "Palin Filmmaker Spreads His Bets to Bachmann". The Atlantic. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- Henry, Devin. "Citizens United hawking movie starring Bachmann". MinnPost. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- Ziganto, Lori. "‘FIRE FROM THE HEARTLAND’ BURNS BRIGHT DESPITE LIBERAL VENOM". Human Events. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- Cogan, Marin. "Film focuses on women of the right". Politico. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- McKay, Hollie. "Filmmaker Spotlights Role of Women in Conservative Movement". Fox News. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
- John Fund (October 23, 2010). "Why Mama Grizzlies Run the Tea Party". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved August 10, 2014.
- Byrd, Lorie. "'FIRE FROM THE HEARTLAND' REVIEW: CONSERVATIVE WOMEN IN THEIR OWN VOICE". Breitbart.com. Retrieved 7 August 2014.