Flock (messaging service)
|Stable release||22.214.171.12441 (February 1, 2011[±])|
|Preview release||none (n/a) [±]|
|Type||Instant messaging, Online chat|
Flock is a free instant messaging service for work and business environments that speeds up and simplifies communication within teams and organizations. It is available for free for an unlimited number of users on Windows Desktop, Mac, Chrome, iPhone, Android and Windows Phone.
Flock was developed by start-up Riva FZC, which was founded by Bhavin Turakhia.
Features and functionality
Flock's features include:
- Free, for unlimited users
- Mobile and Desktop applications
- File and image sharing
- Group chats for teams and projects
- Secure encrypted messaging
- Ability to add clients to your conversations
- Auto-updated company directory
- Synced conversations across multiple devices
- Unlimited chat history
- Admin interface to manage employee exits
- "Riva's messaging app Flock to compete with Skype, Yammer and Slack". Economic Times. Retrieved September 25, 2014.
- "Directi founder launches business chat service Flock". Medianama. Retrieved September 25, 2014.
- "Company Profile". Crunch Base. Retrieved September 1, 2014.
- "New enterprise chat Flock to compete with Blackberry, Microsoft". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved September 25, 2014.
- "Free ‘instant’ business messaging app launches to rival likes of Yammer". Startups UK. Retrieved September 25, 2014.
- "Directi founder Bhavin Turakhia launches WhatsApp like chat app Flock for professionals". TechCircle.in. Retrieved September 25, 2014.
- "Flock.co". Flock official website.
- "Directi’s Bhavin Launches Flock, Team Collaboration App". Next Big What. Retrieved October 7, 2014.
- "Riva launches Flock messaging app for businesses". Financial Express. Retrieved September 26, 2014.