Nawa Raj Subba
|Nawa Raj Subba|
|File:Nawa Raj Subba.JPG
Dr Nawa Raj Subba
|Native name||डा नवराज सुब्बा|
|Born||1 October 1961
Hangpang, Taplejung, Nepal
|Occupation||Poet and Scholar|
Dr. Nawa Raj Subba is a poet, lyricist and writer in the arena of Nepali music and literature. He wrote humanitarian sentiment and raised voice of the marginalized people firmly in the poems and essays. He also carved lyrics of songs with patriotic feeling. He summoned people through songs to get united for the sake of the nation. His verses appealed for making people's constitution in the country. He was born in 1961 at Hangpang village of Taplejung district in Nepal.
He studied master of public health from Institute of Medicine Tribhuvan University. He worked in the field of public health over three decades in Nepal. He studied master's level in Nepali literature and sociology from the Tribhuvan University before publishing his long awaited books.
He was a public health professional and researcher. He holds Ph.D. in Health Psychology from Tribhuvan University. He studied on contemporary public health and psycho-social issues of Nepal and wrote books and articles. He has published research articles in American Journal of Health Research, American Journal of Applied Psychology, Science Journal of Health Research, Journal of Nepal Health Research Council, different Journals of Medical Colleges and other international journals since 2000.
Nepali Sahityaghar, the UK based online literature forum organized an international poem competition the First Online World Webcam Poem Competition in 2007. A total of 103 Nepalese poets from 27 countries took part in the competition. Nawa Raj Subba from Biratnagar Nepal won the first prize in the competition. He became well-known then in Nepali literature. His poems are translated in English and Bengali. His creations in Nepali literature are available in the market as follows:
- Jeewan Mero Sabdkoshma, an anthology of poems, 2006
- Manko Majheri, a collection of Essays, 2007
- Bich Batoma Byujhera, an anthology of poems, 2008
- Sahidlai Salaam, Lyrics of songs, 2010
- Yatra Aadhaa Satabdiko, an anthology of poems, 2011
- Chitkar muktak short poems, 2012
- Samayako Swad, Memoir and thoughts, Essay collection, 2013
- Deshko Maya, Collection of Patriotic songs,2009
- Lukeko Rahar, Collection of Ghazal Album Audio,2010
- Amulya Jiwan, Collection of Modern songs,2011
- Hami Pahile Nepali, Collection of Patriotic songs,2012
- Himalaima Hiun, Collection of Folk Songs,2013
- Nawa Raj Subba's Pratibimba part-1 (2010)
- Pratibimba part-2 (2010)
- Pratibimba part-3 (2011)
- Pratibimba part-4 (2012)
- Health Seeking Behavior of Rajbansi Community in Nepal, 2001
- Assessment on Health Improvement in Eastern Nepal, 2003
- Assessment on Morang Innovative Neonatal Intervention, 2006
- Janaswasthya paataa, baataa ra anubhuti जनस्वास्थ्यः पाटा बाटा र अनुभूति (Collection of Contemporary Public Health Articles) 2006
- Janaswasthyaka Sawalharu जनस्वास्थ्यका सवालहरू (Collection of Contemporary Public Health Articles) 2007
Felicitation in Literature and Music
- First prize won in First Online Webcam World Poem Competition 2064
- Bhadra Bhale-Ghamansing Sahitya prize, 2014
- Byathith Kavya Banita prize, 2013
- Lekh Nath Pustakalaya Biratnagar felicitation, 2012
- Udaya Nanda Mukti Nath Arjyal Sangeet Pratibha Prize, 2011
- Pallav Sahitya Pratisthan Narayangadh Chitaun felicitation, 2009
- Jayandra Prasai Memorial prize, 2007 (for Manko Majheri book)
- Mohan Regmi smriti Banni Prakashan prize, 2006
- Nawaranga Sahitya Sanman, Jhapa, Natyeshore Sanman, 2006
Felicitation in Public Service
- Birateswar Briddhashram felicitation (विराटेश्वर वृद्धाश्रमद्वारा सम्मान) 2013
- Dirgha Rana Samundra Bam felicitation (दीर्घराना समुन्द्रवम सम्मान) 2013
- Sparsa Nepal felicitation (स्पर्श नेपाल सम्मान) 2012
- Morang HIV/AIDS network felicitation (मोरङ एड्स सञ्जलबाट सम्मानित) 2011
- Kirat Yakthung Chumlung Morang felicitation (किरात याक्थुङ मोरङबाट सम्मानित) 2011
- Biratnagar Metropolitan felicitation (विराटनगर उपमहानगरपालिकाबाट सम्मानित) 2010
- Babar Singh Memorial Prize (बबरसिंह थापा स्मृति सम्मान पुरस्कार) 2007
- Hangpang Sewa Samaj Kathmandu felicitation (हाङपाङ सेवा समाज काठमाडौंबाट अभिनन्दित) 2007
- Gorkhadacchinbahu (गोरखादक्षिणबाहु) 1990
- This is Nepali Literary Persons reference http://nepalisarashta.blogspot.com/p/literary-persons.html website accessed on November 7, 2014.
- This is a website of online books. http://onlinesahitya.com/allauthors?page=61.
- This is Nepali Writers Profile reference http://writersprofile.blogspot.com/2007/03/blog-post_20.html website accessed on November 7, 2014.
- This is Contemporary Nepali Literature reference http://www.samakalinsahitya.com/ website accessed on November 7, 2014.
- This is Sahityaghar http://www.sahityaghar.com/intro.php website accessed on November 9, 2014.
- Baraili, C. (2068) Vyaktitwaka Biwidh Ayamharuma Nawa Raj Subba, www.nrsubba.com.np ISBN No. 978-9937-2-4107-6.
- This is website on research publications. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Nawaraj_Subba2/publications
- American Journal of Health Research http://article.sciencepublishinggroup.com/html/10.11648.j.ajhr.20150305.15.html website accessed on Oct 1, 2015.
- Traditional Practices on Mother and Child Health Care in Rajbanshi Community of Nepal. http://article.sciencepublishinggroup.com/html/10.11648.j.ajhr.20150305.18.html
- Hari Adhikari, Pawan Alok (2012) Value of life Nawa Raj Subba, An Anthology of Nepali Verses, Edited by Hari Adhikari and Pawan Alok, Oikko Prakashoni, 73 Kakrail, Dhaka. pp 124
- This is Madan Puraskar Library reference http://madanpuraskar.org/ website accessed on November 7, 2014.
- This is Sanjaal Corps Library reference http://sanjaal.com/ website accessed on November 7, 2014.
- This is Sound Cloud musical store https://soundcloud.com/nawaraj-subba website accessed on November 7, 2014.
- This is Cyber Nepal musical store http://www.cybernepal.com.np/ website accessed on November 7, 2014.
- Journal of Nepal Health Research Council Journal, 2004. http://jnhrc.com.np/index.php/jnhrc/article/viewFile/79/76.
- "www.USNepalOnline.Com: News from your web home at the capital of the world-New York City". www.usnepalonline.com. Retrieved 2015-08-30.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "NepalJapan.com | Nepal Most Viewed First Online News Portal for Nepalese Community around the world". Retrieved 2015-08-30.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "एन्आरएन् वृद्धाश्रमको प्रेक्षालयमा पल्लव साहित्य सम्मान सम्पन्न | मझेरी डट कम". www.majheri.com. Retrieved 2015-08-30.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "नवराज सुब्बाको बीच बाटोमा ब्यूँझेर". www.khasskhass.com. Retrieved 2015-08-30.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "नवराज सुब्बा". स्पन्दन अक्षर यात्रा. Retrieved 2015-08-30.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- samakalinsahitya.com. "नवराज सुब्बाका कवितामा नारीसम्बन्धी दृष्टिकोण". www.samakalinsahitya.com. Retrieved 2015-08-30.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>