|Native name||নাৎসি আলী|
19 February 1977 |
Kodomtoli, Sylhet District, Sylhet Division, Bangladesh
Ali was born in Kodomtoli, Sylhet District, Sylhet Division, Bangladesh, and spent a large part of her life in the United States where she studied and spent her adolescence. Her family moved to the U.S. in 1988 where she attended Central High School in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Ali later married and moved to the United Kingdom.
Ali is the eldest of four children. Her father is a businessman and her mother is an author.
Ali's earliest accolade was the Young Author's Award in Bridgeport, CT. Followed by an original short story titled From Bangladesh to America, which was published in a local magazine.
In June 2012, Ali's debut book Healthy and Halal Choice was published, the book is an introduction to healthy lifestyle choices and building a balanced life. The book invites different faiths and ethnic groups to try different recipes that promote a healthy lifestyle. The book made several world appearances including an international book fair in Frankfurt, Germany, book signings in the United States, United Arab Emirates, and Bangladesh.
In March 2013, her second book Into the Light from the Darkness was published, the book is a fictional novel about a woman's journey towards Islam. Ali cites the Quran and Sunnah as style and thematic expression in her writing.
Ali's work explores dawah and community building. She was inspired by author Manoara Shanur and charity worker Mohammed Choudhury.
Ali is also involved local services and non-profit work. She serves as the UK Chairperson for the MSB Foundation and the Muslim Baag Madrassa. She is the face and chairperson of the NFA Foundation. She has spoken at events in the U.S, UK and Bangladesh. She is also a property developer and community champion.
|2012||Healthy and Halal Choice||Xlibris||978-1469177816|
|2013||Into the Light from the Darkness||978-1483611228|
- British Bangladeshi
- List of British Bangladeshis
- List of English writers
- List of Muslim writers and poets
- Karim, Mohammed Abdul; Karim, Shahadoth (November 2015). British Bangladeshi Who's Who (PDF). British Bangla Media Group. Retrieved 1 December 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "From the heart of darkness". Weekly-Desh. 16 December 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Healthy and Halal Choice". Amazon.co.uk. 21 June 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Into the Light from the Darkness". Amazon.co.uk. 29 March 2013. Retrieved 1 December 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
|This article about a novelist from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|