|Commander of the Turkish Air Force|
21 August 1978 – 6 December 1983
|Preceded by||Ethem Ayan|
|Succeeded by||Halil Sözer|
|Died||9 July 2015
|Resting place||Karacaahmet Cemetery|
|Service/branch||Turkish Air Force|
|Years of service||1943 - 1983|
Tahsin Şahinkaya (1925 – 9 July 2015) was a Turkish Air Force general. He was Commander of the Turkish Air Force from 1978 to 1983, and previously Secretary-General of the National Security Council (1977-1978). He was one of the five leaders of the 1980 military coup, and after the coup he was a member of the Presidential Council.
In 2012, a court case was launched against Şahinkaya and Kenan Evren relating to the 1980 military coup. Both were sentenced to life imprisonment on 18 June 2014 by a court in Ankara, the capital of Turkey.
Şahinkaya died at age 90 in the military "Haydarpaşa GATA Hospital" in Istanbul on July 9, 2015. He was interred at Karacaahmet Cemetery on July 11 following a memorial ceremony held at the Turkish First Army headquarters in the Selimiye Barracks and subsequent religious funeral service at the nearby Büyük Selimiye Mosque in Üsküdar. He was survived by his wife Sema, son Serdar, daughter Sevgi Kartal and son-in-law Mustafa Kartal.
- kimkimdir.gen.tr, Orgeneral Tahsin Şahinkaya (1925 - .... )
- New York Times, 4 April 2012, Turkey: Aging Generals Face Trial for Violent 1980 Military Coup
- Suzan Fraser (18 June 2014). "1980 Coup Leaders Given Life Sentences in Turkey". ABC news. Associated Press. Retrieved 18 June 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Tahsin Şahinkaya vefat etti". Hürriyet (in Turkish). 2015-07-09. Retrieved 2015-07-09. <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Tahsin Şahinkaya toprağa verildi". Hürriyet (in Turkish). 2015-07-11. Retrieved 2015-07-14. <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>