From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
- See Anthedon for non-mytholigical namesakes
In Greek mythology, there were several people named Anthedon (Ἀνθηδών) — at least two male and one female.
- Anthedon, possible father of Glaucus, a sea god — whose mother might have been Alcyone.
- Anthedon, son of Dius and grandson of Anthas, thus great-grandson of Poseidon and Alcyone, eponym of the town Anthedon in Boeotia.
- Anthedon, the Naiad nymph of Anthedon, Boeotia.
- Mnaseas in Athenaeus, Banquet of the Learned, 7. 296B
- Glaukos, Theoi Project
- Stephanus of Byzantium, s. v. Anthedon
- Pausanias, Description of Greece 9.22.5.
- Commander Robert Loys Sminkey (USN ret'd), USS Anthedon (AS-24) - Ship's History, accessed July 15, 2008
- Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships, Anthedon.
|This article relating to Greek mythology is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|