From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
John Andrew Savidge (18 December 1924 – 26 December 1979) was a British track and field athlete who specialised in the shot put. He competed in the 1952 Summer Olympics. and finished in sixth place. He was born in Nottingham.
Savidge represented England at the 1954 British Empire and Commonwealth Games and won the shot put title with a games record mark of 16.77 m (55 ft 0 in). He was England's first ever champion in the event. He also competed at the European Athletics Championships for Great Britain in 1950 and 1954.
He won the shot put at the AAA Championships for three consecutive years (1952–54).
- ↑ "Olympics". sports-reference. Retrieved 10 May 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- ↑ Commonwealth Games medalists - Men. GBR Athletics. Retrieved on 2015-01-25.
- ↑ BRITISH ATHLETICS CHAMPIONSHIPS 1945-1959. GBR Athletics. Retrieved on 2015-01-25.
Template:Footer Commonwealth Champions Shot Put Men
|This biographical article relating to British athletics is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|
- 1924 births
- 1979 deaths
- British male athletes
- Male shot putters
- British shot putters
- English shot putters
- English sportsmen
- Sportspeople from Nottingham
- Olympic athletes of Great Britain
- Athletes (track and field) at the 1952 Summer Olympics
- Commonwealth Games competitors for England
- Commonwealth Games gold medallists for England
- Commonwealth Games medallists in athletics
- Athletes (track and field) at the 1954 British Empire and Commonwealth Games
- British athletics biography stubs