|Henry Montagu Villiers|
|File:Henry Montagu Villiers.jpg
Carte de visite, ca. 1861
|Born||4 January 1813|
|Died||9 August 1861(aged 48)|
|Spouse(s)||Amelia Maria Hulton|
|Bishop of Carlisle
Bishop of Durham
He was educated at Christ Church, Oxford, graduating M.A. in 1837, and became vicar of Kenilworth in that year rector of St. George's Church, Bloomsbury in 1841. He was a Doctor of Divinity and Bishop of Carlisle in 1856, and Bishop of Durham from 1860 to 1861.
- Henry Montagu Villiers (13 November 1837 - 9 September 1908). Prebendary of St Paul's Cathedral. Married first Lady Victoria Russell, daughter of John Russell, 1st Earl Russell. Married secondly Charlotte Louisa Emily Cadogan, granddaughter of both George Cadogan, 3rd Earl Cadogan and Henry Paget, 1st Marquess of Anglesey
- Charles Augustus Villiers, b. Apr 1839
- Frederick Ernest Villiers (16 November 1840 - 14 October 1922), Major of the Hertfordshire Imperial Yeomanry cavalry force.
- Amy Maria Villiers (b. 26 Mar 1842 – d. 20 October 1934), married Edward Cheese, a clergyman.
- Gertrude Fanny Villiers (b. 19 Aug 1843 – d. 31 December 1906), married Berkeley Paget, a great-grandson of Henry Bayly Paget, 1st Earl of Uxbridge.
- Wilbraham Edward Villiers (b. 2 Aug 1845)
- Mary Agneta Villiers (b. 30 Dec 1846 – d. 22 May 1935), married James Hughes Cooper, a clergyman.
- Evelyn Theresa Villiers (b. 23 Aug 1852 – d. 29 December 1943).
- Dictionary of National Biography. London: Smith, Elder & Co. 1885–1900.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>.
- Record of Henry Villiers on thepeerage
- Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition, 2 volumes (Crans, Switzerland: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 1999), volume 1, pages 74, 789 and 800.
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Carlisle
Charles Thomas Longley
|Bishop of Durham
|This article about a Bishop or Prince-Bishop of Durham is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|