- For a historical and cultural overview of the meaning of "Judeo-Christian", see Judeo-Christian concept
- For a scholarly overview of Judeo-Christian thought and its influence on culture and law, see Judeo-Christian ethics
Judeo-Christian values is a term often used by American mainstream media, and in cultural conversations, to imply the existence of a deep similarity and common bond between traditionally Jewish and Christian civilizations. However, the term is considered dubious by right-wing commentators, who claim the differences between these cultures should not be minimized. They claim "Judeo-Christian" is part of a larger attempt to culturally homogenize American society, which could weaken both Jewish and Christian cultures; hence the term has both Jewish and gentile opponents.
Judeo-Christ or Judeo Christ is a meme popularized in Alt-right circles in late 2016 to mock neoconservative rhetoric that the United States was founded on Judeo-Christian principles. Judeo-Christ, whose name resembles Jesus Christ, was invented as the fictional prophet of this belief system. He embodies both Reform Jewish and WASP Protestant values, which are said to align perfectly with the USA's true universalist aims. Judeo-Christ has progressive liberal traits, believes in a solid role for government, and favors immigration.
Members of the Alt-right disagree with this rhetoric, saying that the term Judeo-Christian itself was only invented early in the 20th Century, and that the USA was really founded on established English and Anglican values, with almost no Jewish contributions at this stage. They claim the Founders only wanted to secure a future for their own progeny, and wanted to limit immigration from the European mainland. The term Judeo-Christ has become associated with so-called cuckservative values.
- Arthur A. Cohen (Nov 1, 1969) https://www.commentarymagazine.com/articles/the-myth-of-the-judeo-christian-tradition/
- Adam Zagoria-Moffet (Apr 7, 2014) http://www.stateofformation.org/2014/04/the-myth-of-a-judeo-christian-tradition/
- The term was used before then, but appeared in the comments sections on Vox Day's blog Vox Popoli in 2013. Markku: "Non-Demoninational Hey-zeus A.k.a. Judeo-Christ" (Oct 08, 2013) https://voxday.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/the-lesson-of-p-punctatus.html - Pat Hannagan: "we'll just have to continue this conversation when and if the topic of Judeo-Christianity should ever come up on this blog. Till then, may Judeo-Christ be with you. (Apr 16, 2013) https://voxday.blogspot.com.au/2013/04/mailvox-ideas-for-new-comment-system.html
- Vox Day blog post, "The 16 Points of the Cuckservative", Point 11: "The Cuckservative understands that diversity and multiculturalism are our greatest strengths, and that discrimination and intolerance of other lifestyles or people are evil, as was taught by Judeo-Christ himself." http://voxday.blogspot.com/2017/01/the-16-points-of-cuckservative.html (Jan 09, 2017)