Kewanee, Illinois, United States
|Education||University of Illinois, Pepperdine University School of Law|
|Known for||author, journalist, filmmaker,|
Mike Cernovich (pronounced "Chernovick") is an American writer, attorney, and documentary filmmaker. He is the bestselling author of Gorilla Mindset and the producer of the documentary Silenced. He is a popular author and independent journalist, and, as of October 2016, has 133k followers on Twitter. He was one of the first observers of the American political scene to predict that Donald Trump would be the Republican presidential candidate.
Cernovich grew up in Illinois. His family was on welfare for some of that time. His mother was diagnosed as bipolar and was institutionalized in his teenage years. He enlisted with the National Guard when he was 17. After graduating from the University of Illinois, he attended the Pepperdine University School of Law. He passed the California Bar twice, the second time in 2013. He was married for ten years to his first wife. In 2015 he married his current wife, Shauna, in Tulum, Mexico.
Writing career and Journalism
In 2012, Cernovich launched Danger & Play, a blog focused on mindset and men's self-improvement. Danger & Play had traffic of 5.6 million pageviews in 2015.
In 2015, Cernovich published Gorilla Mindset, which became the #1 bestseller in the Health category on Amazon. As of December 2016, the book had sold more than 50,000 copies. In the same year, he also published Juice Power! and Danger & Play: Essays on Embracing Masculinity. In 2016, he wrote the Introduction to Cuckservative: How "Conservatives" Betrayed America by Vox Day and John Red Eagle, which was a #1 bestseller in Politics.
Cernovich is known to have an extensive international network of sources within law enforcement and government. He obtained exclusive photos of Dallas shooter and terrorist Michah Johnson and was credited in the Daily Mail and other international media outlets for the scoop.
In 2016, Cernovich attended both the Republican and Democratic National Conventions, and in addition to reporting on the events there, produced a documentary called Un/Convention.
In early April, 2017, Cernovich reported that it was Susan Rice who authorized the unmasking of members of Trump's transition team when the Main Stream Media chose to sit on the story to shield Obama from scandal.
Cernovich is known for libertarian, nationalist, and traditionalist views. He is a proponent of mindset and positive thinking; his influences include Donald Trump and Norman Vincent Peale. He is also an advocate of weightlifting and juicing.
While in college, Cernovich was falsely accused of rape and was criminally charged. He was exonerated at trial. He describes himself as "Patient Zero to the false rape epidemic."
The Wikipedia page about Mike Cernovich was deleted July, 6, 2015. Delete proponents stated:
- "Subject matter isn't notable for anything other than their involvement in the Gamergate controversy."
- "Not only is this your typical case of BLP1E pretty much all reliable sources written about him are extremely negative. Absolutely no good can come from keeping this as an article."
- "It's unlikely based on events thus far that Cernovich will ever be notable for any other efforts."
In November 2016, Cernovich was one of the online personalties on the forefront of investigating "Pizzagate," a theory concerning a child trafficking ring that involved Comet Ping Pong and involved high-ranking American politicians and the Democratic Party. 
In 2014, Xavier Glitch said "No matter how noble Cernovich's action may have been, he seems to be playing the 'I donated' card a bit too much,..."
Also in 2014, Sam Biddle claimed Cernovich was "an unabashed 'Men's Rights Activist,' a woman-hating bigot, and—dare I say it—kind of a bully."
On January 5, 2015, Manfred von Karma claimed Cernovich "was unable to glibly hide behind asynchronous Twitter exchanges as Kluwe called out both his and the movement’s myriad failings, half-truths, and muddying of waters."
In March 2016, Ed Brayton at Patheos said of Cernovich "He specializes in the kind of steroid-addled posturing that is used by pathetically insecure men to impress other pathetically insecure men."
Selected book length works include:
- MAGA Mindset: Making YOU and America Great Again, Castalia House, (2016)
- Gorilla Mindset, (2015)
- Danger and Play, (2015)
- Juice Power!, (2015)
Full-length feature films and documentaries
|2016||Silenced, Our War for Free Speech||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Documentary|
|2016||The Red Pill||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Documentary|
Cite error: Invalid
<references> tag; parameter "group" is allowed only.
<references />, or
<references group="..." />
- Ben Ashford and Shekhar Bhatia (July 11, 2016). "Have photos of the dead body of Dallas sniper been leaked? Images posted online appear to show cop killer Micah Johnson moments after he was taken out by police robot". Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Mike Cernovich (April 2, 2017). "Susan Rice Requested Unmasking of Incoming Trump Administration Officials". Cernovich Media. Retrieved April 2, 2017.
- William Audureau (July 16, 2015). "A la rencontre du GamerGate, le mouvement libertarien qui veut défendre « ses » jeux vidéo". Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Mike Cernovich (November 2016). "Pizzagate". Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- "WATCH: CERNOVICH LEAVES ’60 MINUTES’ HOST STUTTERING DURING INTERVIEW ABOUT ‘FAKE NEWS’". Milo. March 26, 2017. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- Xavier Glitch (October 20, 2014). "When the #GamerGate mob targeted Anil Dash for no reason". Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Sam Biddle (October 20, 2014). "The D-List Right-Wingers Who've Turned Gamergate Into Their Loser Army". Gawker. Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Manfred von Karma (January 5, 2015). "Mike Cernovich: Based Lawyer of Gamergate". Medium. Retrieved October 16, 2015.
- Ed Brayton (March 21, 2016). "Our Old Pal Mike Cernovich is Back". Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Grove, Lloyd (9 August 2016). "Why Did Fox News Welcome Date Rape Apologist Mike Cernovich?". The Daily Beast.