Pittsfield Municipal Airport (Massachusetts)
|Pittsfield Municipal Airport|
|IATA: PSF – ICAO: KPSF – FAA LID: PSF|
|Owner||City of Pittsfield|
|Elevation AMSL||1,194 ft / 364 m|
|Coordinates||Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
Pittsfield Municipal Airport (IATA: PSF, ICAO: KPSF, FAA LID: PSF) is a city owned, public use airport located two nautical miles (4 km) west of the central business district of Pittsfield, a city in Berkshire County, Massachusetts, United States. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Commercial airline service to Pittsfield was once provided by Command Airways and Precision Airlines. Precision offered service to Rutland, Vermont and New York City's LaGuardia Airport.
Facilities and aircraft
Pittsfield Municipal Airport covers an area of 550 acres (223 ha) at an elevation of 1,194 feet (364 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways with asphalt surfaces: 8/26 is 5,791 by 100 feet (1,526 x 30 m) and 14/32 is 3,496 by 100 feet (1,066 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending August 22, 2012, the airport had 33,000 aircraft operations, an average of 90 per day: 88% general aviation, 11% air taxi, and 1% military. At that time there were 37 aircraft based at this airport: 76% single-engine, 13% multi-engine, and 11% jet.
- FAA Airport Master Record for PSF ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (PSF: Pittsfield)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved August 9, 2013.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- Airport page at City of Pittsfield website
- Lyon Aviation, the fixed base operator (FBO)
- Aerial image as of April 1995 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for PSF, effective July 18, 2019
- Resources for this airport: