2004 in Russia
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|See also:||Other events of 2004
List of years in Russia
Events from the year 2004 in Russia.
- President: Vladimir Putin
- Prime Minister: Mikhail Kasyanov to February 24 Viktor Khristenko as Acting Prime Minister to March 5 Mikhail Fradkov
- 14 March - Vladimir Putin wins the presidential election and secures his second term as president.
- 9 May - Assassination of the Pro-Russian Chechen President Akhmad Kadyrov in Grozny.
- 13 August–29 August - Russia competes at the Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece, and wins 27 gold, 27 silver and 38 bronze medals.
- 29 August - Alu Alkhanov succeeds Kadyrov as President of Chechnya following elections.
- 1 September - Beslan school hostage crisis: Chechen separatists take over 1,000 hostages at a school in North Ossetia–Alania.
- 3 September - Beslan school hostage crisis: Russian troops storm the school. Over 330 people, including 186 children, are killed during the siege.
This section requires expansion. (March 2011)
- 13 February - Zelimkhan Yandarbiyev
- 28 February - Ruslan Gelayev
- 9 May - Akhmad Kadyrov
- 22 May - Mikhail Voronin, gymnast (born 1945)
- Williams, Hywel (2005). Cassell's Chronology of World History. Weidenfeld & Nicolson. pp. 656–660. ISBN 0-304-35730-8.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- ""Putin meets angry Beslan mothers", BBC News". 2005-09-02. Retrieved 2008-04-19.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2004 in Russia.|