31st century BC
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
(Redirected from 3100 BC)
|Millennium:||4th millennium BC|
|Decades:||3090s BC 3080s BC 3070s BC 3060s BC 3050s BC
3040s BC 3030s BC 3020s BC 3010s BC 3000s BC
|Categories:||Births – Deaths
Establishments – Disestablishments
The 31st century BC is a century which lasted from the year 3100 BC to 3001 BC.
- c. 3100 BC: Narmer (Menes) unifies Upper and Lower Egypt into one country; he rules this new country from Memphis.
- c. 3100 BC: Predynastic period (Neolithic) ends in Ancient Egypt (other date is 3150 BC).
- c. 3100 BC: Early Dynastic (Archaic) period starts in Ancient Egypt (other date is 3150 BC).
- c. 3100 BC: The first temple of Tarxien is in use by the Neolithic inhabitants of Malta.
- c. 3100 BC: First stage in the construction of Stonehenge.
- c. 3100 BC – 2600 BC: Skara Brae, Orkney Islands, Scotland is inhabited. Discovered 1850.)
- c. 3100 BC: Anu Ziggurat and White Temple in Uruk, Mesopotamia (modern Warka, Iraq) are built.)
- c. 3100 BC: Humans develop their first writing system, cuneiform script.
- c. 3051 BC: The oldest currently living organism, a Pinus longaeva, undergoes germination in the White Mountains of California. It is still present to this day.
- c. 3043 BC: Comet Hale–Bopp appears in the sky. Its next appearance occurs in 540 BC.
- Scorpion II, presumably the last pre-dynastic pharaoh of ancient Upper Egypt
- Narmer, founder of the first dynasty of Egypt
- Hor-Aha, the second pharaoh of the First dynasty of Egypt
- Djer, the third pharaoh of the First dynasty of Egypt
Inventions, discoveries, introductions
- Drainage and sewage system in the Indus Valley
- Dams, canals, stone sculptures using inclined plane and lever in Sumer and the Tigris-Euphrates Valley
- Copper was in use, both as tools and weapons
- Senet is one of the oldest known board games in the world.
- c. 3100 BC – Invention of writing in Mesopotamia and Egypt
- Cilia, Daniel (April 8, 2004). "Tarxien". The Megalithic temples of Malta. http://web.infinito.it/utenti/m/malta_mega_temples/tarxien/tarxien.html. Retrieved on 2007-07-07.
- "FACTBOX - Stonehenge hosts Summer solstice revellers". Reuters India. June 20, 2010. Retrieved December 30, 2010.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>