|Corporate logo of JCDecaux|
|Public limited company with an an Executive Board and a Supervisory Board (Euronext: DEC)|
|Products||Street furniture, Bus shelter, Self-service Bikes|
|Revenue||€2.813 billion (2014)|
|€ 215.6 million (2014)|
|Owners||Jean-François Decaux, Jean-Charles Decaux|
Number of employees
|12 300 (2015)|
JCDecaux Group (JCDecaux SA, French pronunciation: [ʒisedəˈko]) is a multinational corporation based in Neuilly-sur-Seine, Paris, France, known for its bus-stop advertising systems, billboards, public bicycle rental systems, and street furniture. It is the largest outdoor advertising corporation in the world.
The company was founded in 1964 in Lyon, France by Jean-Claude Decaux. Over the years it has expanded aggressively, partly through acquisitions of smaller advertising companies in several countries. It currently operates in more than 54 countries, 165 airports and has approximately 9940 employees; its advertising reaches 175 million people each day. Its headquarters is located in Neuilly-sur-Seine, a suburb of Paris, France. JCDecaux currently employs more than 12,300 people worldwide and maintains a presence in over 70 countries. In France alone, JCDecaux employs more than 3,500 people.
Bicycle Rental Systems
The public bicycle rental systems are each financed by local advertising operators in return for the cities signing over a 10-year licence to exploit city-wide billboards. The overall scheme is called Cyclocity by the company, but each city's system is branded under an individual name.
The cities that have implemented its bicycle rental systems are listed below.
|Göteborg||Sweden||2010||Styr & Ställ||50||600|
The company’s operation also covers the Middle East with offices established in Dubai and Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates, Doha in Qatar, as well as Riyadh, Jeddah, Dammam and Madinah in Saudi Arabia. Moreover, JCDecaux signed recently a 20-year exclusive street furniture contract to provide the City of Muscat, the capital of the Sultanate of Oman, with a wide range of advertising street furniture.
And rival outdoor advertising companies:
- Clear Channel Outdoor
- Lamar Advertising Company
- Outfront Media (formerly CBS Outdoor)
- Pattison Outdoor Advertising (Canada)
- "Legal disclaimer". JCDecaux. Retrieved 2014-05-04.
… whose registered office is located at 17 rue Soyer, 92523 Neuilly-sur-Seine, Paris, France.
- "JCDecaux: number one outdoor advertising company in the world". JCDecaux. February 9, 2011.
- "International: JCDecaux becomes largest outdoor advertising company in the world". network2media. 2011-02-11. Retrieved 2014-05-04.
- "Cyclocity cities". Cyclocity. 2013-07-09. Retrieved 2014-05-04.
- "Allt du behöver veta om Styr & Ställ" (in Swedish). Styr & ställ. March 2, 2013.
- "Contact". JCDecaux North America. Retrieved 2014-05-04.
Head Office 3 Park Avenue, 33rd Fl New York, NY 10016
- "JCDecaux SA: JCDecaux Launches Its Operations in Oman Through a 20-Year Street Furniture Contract with Muscat Municipality". 4-traders. February 21, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to JCDecaux.|
- JCDecaux.com - Official site