National Register of Historic Places listings in Washington state
The National Register of Historic Places recognizes buildings, structures, objects, sites, and districts of national, state, or local historic significance across the United States. Out of over 90,000 National Register sites nationwide, more than 1,500 are in Washington.
Current listings by county
The following are tallies of current listings by county.[lower-alpha 1]
- These counts are based on entries in the National Register Information Database as of April 24, 2008 and new weekly listings posted since then on the National Register of Historic Places web site. There are frequent additions to the listings and occasional delistings and the counts here are approximate and not official. New entries are added to the official Register on a weekly basis. Also, the counts in this table exclude boundary increase and decrease listings which only modify the area covered by an existing property or district, although carrying a separate National Register reference number.
- Several historic resources in Washington are included on multiple county lists:
- Barstow Bridge: Ferry and Stevens
- Beverly Railroad Bridge: Grant and Kittitas
- Columbia River Bridge at Bridgeport: Chelan and Douglas
- Columbia River Bridge at Kettle Falls: Ferry and Stevens
- Columbia River Bridge at Wenatchee: Chelan and Douglas
- Deception Pass: Island and Skagit
- Kettle Falls District: Ferry and Stevens
- Lawetlat'la: Cowlitz and Skamania
- Little Falls Hydroelectric Power Plant: Lincoln and Stevens
- Long Lake Hydroelectric Power Plant: Lincoln and Stevens
- Lower Snake River Archaeological District: Franklin and Walla Walla
- Mount Rainier National Park: Lewis and Pierce
- Orient Bridge: Ferry and Stevens
- Rock Island Railroad Bridge: Chelan and Douglas
- Spokane River Bridge at Long Lake Dam: Lincoln and Stevens
- Stevens Pass Historic District: Chelan and King
- Tri-Cities Archaeological District: Benton and Franklin
- Windust Caves Archaeological District: Franklin and Walla Walla
- Yale Bridge: Clark and Cowlitz
- Historic preservation
- History of Washington (state)
- National Register of Historic Places
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Washington (state)
- Index of Washington-related articles
- Andrus, Patrick W.; Shrimpton, Rebecca H.; et al. (2002), How to Apply the National Register Criteria for Evaluation, National Register Bulletin (15), National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior, retrieved June 20, 2014.
- National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places Program: Research, retrieved January 28, 2015.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on May 27, 2016.
- Roberts, George; Roberts, Jan (1999). Discover Historic Washington State, Gem Guides Book Company, ISBN 1-889786-07-1.
- Historic Places in Washington, Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation, Olympia, Washington, 2008-10-01. The Washington Heritage Register includes all Washington sites on the National Register, plus numerous additional sites.
- Media related to National Register of Historic Places in Washington (state) at Wikimedia Commons
- Washington Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation, Historic Register program