|Eyālet-i Diyār-i Bekr|
|Eyalet of the Ottoman Empire|
|Capital||Amid (modern Diyarbakır)|
|•||Established||November 4, 1515 1515|
The Eyalet of Diyarbekir (Ottoman Turkish: ایالت دیاربكر; Eyālet-i Diyār-i Bekr) was an eyalet of the Ottoman Empire. Its reported area in the 19th century was 20,332 square miles (52,660 km2).
Organisation of the eyalet in the 17th century, from the accounts of Evliya Çelebi: "In this province there are nineteen sanjaks and five hakumets (or hereditary governments) [...] eight [sanjaks] were at the time of the conquest conferred on Kurdish Begs with the patent of family inheritance for ever. Like other sanjaks they are divided into ziamets and Timars, the possessors of which are obliged to serve in the field; but if they do not, the ziamet or Timar may be transferred to a son or relation, but not to a stranger.
The hakumets have neither ziamets nor Timars. Their governors exercise full authority, and receive not only the land revenues, but also all the other taxes which in the sanjaks are paid to the possessor of the ziamet or Timar, such as the taxes for pasturage, marriages, horses, vineyards, and orchards. [...]
The officers of the divan of Diarbeker are the Defterdar of the treasury with a ruz-namji (journal writer); a Defterdar of the feudal forces an inspector (Emin), and a lieutenant Kehiya of the Defter, and another for the Chavushes; a secretary (Katib), a colonel, and a lieutenant colonel of the militia".
- II. Uluslar Arası Osmanlı'dan Cumhuriyet'e Diyarbakır Sempozyumu (Türkçe). Diyarbakır Valiliği ve TOBB ETÜ Fen-Edebiyat Fakültesi. II. International Symposium on the Ottoman Empire Republic of Diyarbakir TOBB ETU Diyarbakir Governor's Office and the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.
- "Some Provinces of the Ottoman Empire". Geonames.de. Retrieved 25 February 2013.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- The Popular encyclopedia: or, conversations lexicon, Volume 6, p. 698, at Google Books
- Narrative of travels in Europe, Asia, and Africa in the ..., Volume 1, p. 90, at Google Books By Evliya Çelebi, Joseph von Hammer-Purgstall
- Yılmaz Öztuna "Başlangıcından zamanımıza kadar Büyük Türkiye tarihi" cilt 13, sf. 279, Ötüken Yayınevi (1977).