List of indie game developers
|Part of a series on:|
|Video game industry|
This is a partial list of independent video game developers that are not owned by a publisher. Independent developers retain operational control over their companies, pipelines, and organizations and often may work with proprietary engines or other proprietary software. These teams may range in size from single individuals to major companies with hundreds of employees.
Independent developers may choose to work with one or more game publishers or to self-publish their titles.
|Defunct and no longer active|
This list is not complete. Only notable developers or developers with notable games are listed here, and only some of their games are listed. There are thousands of independent game development studios which either self-publish their titles, or enter into licensing or co-development agreements with publishers.
- Webster, Andrew (June 23, 2012). "26 indie game developers you need to follow". GamesRadar. Future plc. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- Campbell, Colin (December 18, 2012). "12 Top Indie Developers Talk Games". IGN. j2 Global. Retrieved August 8, 2013.
- Ligman, Kris (June 13, 2013). "Double Fine receives Indie Fund backing for two new titles". Gamasutra. UBM Tech. Retrieved November 14, 2013.
- "DataJack Windows game | Desura".
- Omri Petitte (March 14, 2013). "Underrail trailer shows a little bit of Fallout, Metro 2033, a whole bunch of awesome". PC Gamer. Retrieved August 30, 2014.
- Charla, Chris (February 27, 2014). "New Developers Sign On to ID@Xbox". Xbox Wire. Microsoft. Retrieved July 7, 2014.
- Indie DB, a comprehensive database of indie developers and titles.