1966 in Malaysia
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
The following lists events from 1966 in Malaysia.
- Yang di-Pertuan Agong: Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah of Terengganu
- Raja Permaisuri Agong: Tuanku Ampuan Intan Zaharah of Terengganu
- Prime Minister: Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj
- Deputy Prime Minister: Datuk Abdul Razak
- Sultan of Johor: Sultan Ismail
- Sultan of Kedah: Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah (Deputy Yang di-Pertuan Agong)
- Sultan of Kelantan: Sultan Yahya Petra
- Raja of Perlis: Tuanku Syed Putra
- Sultan of Perak: Sultan Idris Shah
- Sultan of Pahang: Sultan Abu Bakar
- Sultan of Selangor: Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah
- Sultan of Terengganu: Tengku Mahmud (Regent)
- Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan: Tuanku Munawir
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Penang: Raja Tun Uda
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Malacca: Tun Haji Abdul Malek bin Yusuf
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sarawak: Tun Abang Haji Openg
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sabah: Tun Pengiran Ahmad Raffae
- January – Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah of Terengganu is installed as the fourth Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
- 8 February – The National Monument or Tugu Negara is opened.
- 28 May – The Malaysian and Indonesian governments declared that the confrontation was over. The peace treaty signed in Bangkok, Thailand.
- September – The governor of Sarawak declared a state of emergency in Sarawak during the 1966 Sarawak constitutional crisis.
- 30-31 October – US President Lyndon Baines Johnson visit Malaysia for the first time. On 31 October, President Johnson visits Kampung Labu Jaya village (now FELDA LB Johnson) in Negeri Sembilan state.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
- Mohd Redzuan bin A. Samah - Managing Director of Metroasea Services Sdn Bhd (2003–present), Vice President Ericsson (1993–2003)
- 2 April - Din Beramboi (real name Mior Ahmad Fuad Mior Badri) – actor, comedian and Era FM DJ
- Richard O. Winstedt - Famous historians