1966 in Malaysia
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
The following lists events from 1966 in Malaysia.
- Yang di-Pertuan Agong: Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah of Terengganu
- Raja Permaisuri Agong: Tuanku Ampuan Intan Zaharah of Terengganu
- Prime Minister: Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj
- Deputy Prime Minister: Datuk Abdul Razak
- Sultan of Johor: Sultan Ismail
- Sultan of Kedah: Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah (Deputy Yang di-Pertuan Agong)
- Sultan of Kelantan: Sultan Yahya Petra
- Raja of Perlis: Tuanku Syed Putra
- Sultan of Perak: Sultan Idris Shah
- Sultan of Pahang: Sultan Abu Bakar
- Sultan of Selangor: Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah
- Sultan of Terengganu: Tengku Mahmud (Regent)
- Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Negeri Sembilan: Tuanku Munawir
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Penang: Raja Tun Uda
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Malacca: Tun Haji Abdul Malek bin Yusuf
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sarawak: Tun Abang Haji Openg
- Yang di-Pertua Negeri (Governor) of Sabah: Tun Pengiran Ahmad Raffae
- January – Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah of Terengganu is installed as the fourth Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
- 8 February – The National Monument or Tugu Negara is opened.
- 28 May – The Malaysian and Indonesian governments declared that the confrontation was over. The peace treaty signed in Bangkok, Thailand.
- September – The governor of Sarawak declared a state of emergency in Sarawak during the 1966 Sarawak constitutional crisis.
- 30-31 October – US President Lyndon Baines Johnson visit Malaysia for the first time. On 31 October, President Johnson visits Kampung Labu Jaya village (now FELDA LB Johnson) in Negeri Sembilan state.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- Mohd Redzuan bin A. Samah - Managing Director of Metroasea Services Sdn Bhd (2003–present), Vice President Ericsson (1993–2003)
- 2 April - Din Beramboi (real name Mior Ahmad Fuad Mior Badri) – actor, comedian and Era FM DJ
- Richard O. Winstedt - Famous historians