|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1980s 1990s 2000s – 2010s – 2020s 2030s 2040s|
|Years:||2016 2017 2018 – 2019 – 2020 2021 2022|
|Ab urbe condita||2772|
|British Regnal year||67 Eliz. 2 – 68 Eliz. 2|
|Chinese calendar||戊戌年 (Earth Dog)
4715 or 4655
— to —
己亥年 (Earth Pig)
4716 or 4656
|- Vikram Samvat||2075–2076|
|- Shaka Samvat||1941–1942|
|- Kali Yuga||5120–5121|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 31
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 108
|Thai solar calendar||2562|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2019.|
2019 (MMXIX) is the current year, and is a common year starting on Tuesday (dominical letter F) of the Gregorian calendar, the 2019th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 19th year of the 3rd millennium, the 19th year of the 21st century, and the 10th and last year of the 2010s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- January 1 – Assuming that the copyright laws are not changed further, all works published in 1923 enter the public domain in the U.S., the first works to do so since the passage of the 1998 Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act.
- December – The final stage of the new cross London railway, Crossrail, opens enabling trains to run from Shenfield & Abbey Wood in the east to Reading & Heathrow Airport in the West.
- December 26 – An annular solar eclipse will be visible from South Asia.
- 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup to be hosted by China
- 2019 Cricket World Cup to be hosted by England and Wales.
- 2019 Rugby World Cup to be hosted by Japan, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- ITER, an international scientific experiment (the 2nd largest in world history) in developing nuclear fusion as an energy source will begin its first plasma experiments.
- The European Spallation Source is expected to go in to operation in Lund, Sweden 
- The Bangladesh Navy plans to commission its submarine force in 2019.
- Completion of the Xayaburi Dam in Laos.
- British troops will leave Germany, having been stationed there since World War II.
- A complete ban on lead ammunition for hunting will come into force across California.
- The Union of South American Nations (UNASUR) is expected to complete the process of eliminating tariffs on sensitive products, thus establishing a single market throughout most of South America.
- NASA's Cancelled Constellation Program's Orion 10 will supposedly Land on the Moon for the first time with a Crew of 4 to 6 by Altair (spacecraft). Spending 6 months in Exploring the Surface.
- Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group Launched Chengdu J-20 and Enter Military Service.
- ESA's ExoMars Rover Touches down on Mars.
Computer and video games
- Out Run 2019 (1993)
- Blade Runner (1997)
- Martian Gothic: Unification (2000)
- The House of the Dead III (2002)
- TimeSplitters 2 (2019) (the "Neotokyo" level)
- The Last of Us, Ellie and Riley are born (2013)
- Blade Runner (1982), in November
- The New Barbarians aka. Warriors of the Wasteland (1982)
- 2019, After the Fall of New York (1983)
- The Running Man (1987)
- Akira (1988)
- Cybernetics Guardian (1989)
- The Island (2005), on July 19 until July 23.
- Daybreakers (2010)
- In Time (2011)
- According to the comedy TV series, The Last Man on Earth, a mysterious plague wipes out almost all of humanity.
- Futurama Season 2, Episode 18: The Honking. As said by the Robot actor "Calculon", The evil car known as "Project Satan" was put together in 2019 which established the "Were-car" curse featured in the episode.
- Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys (2010): Danger Days is a concept album by the band My Chemical Romance. It takes place in post-apocalyptic California during the year 2019.
- 2019 (2011) ISBN 978-0-615-56831-7
- NASA: Annular Solar Eclipse of 2019 December 26, 2009-09-15, retrieved 2010-08-07<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Deal finalised on fusion reactor". BBC News. July 29, 2010.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Home Page". European Spallation Source. April 11, 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Shakhawat Liton (2009-06-24). "Navy eyes sub, new frigates". Thedailystar.net. Retrieved 2014-08-11.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Laos approves Xayaburi 'mega' dam on Mekong". BBC News. November 6, 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "British troops to leave Germany by 2019". Spacedaily.com. Retrieved 2014-08-11.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Historic Vote Moves California Closer to Banning Lead Hunting Ammunition". Biologicaldiversity.org. 2013-09-09. Retrieved 2014-08-11.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>